Trinity Sailing Foundation - Relief Skipper
- Published on Tuesday, 26 February 2013 13:04
- Hits: 1663
Trinity Sailing Foundation require a relief skipper to act on any of their vessels:
Trinity Sailing Foundation own three Traditional gaff fishing trawlers Leader is a 105' ketch, Provident is a 95' ketch and Golden Vanity is a 53' Cutter all based in Brixham South Devon. They undertake Sail Training voyages for young people, RYA courses and Charter Holidays. Their area of operation is the south west coast, Brittany and west coast of Scotland.
To act as Skipper aboard any of their vessels.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the overall management of the vessel in line with the SOPs.
• Responsible for the safety of the vessel and crew and development of a 'safety culture'.
• Oversee the work of other members of the crew and ensure that the duties he or she delegates to others have been properly carried out.
• Will ensure that the social side of a cruise is successful and that Sail Training groups are supported in achieving their objectives.
The Skipper should possess a minimum of RYA Yachtmaster Offshore. (Commercially endorsed) and all relevant supplementary certificates.
Sail Training experience of large sailing vessel of 20 -24 metre, Gaff rig sailing and instructors experience would all be advantages.
Please contact the office for full job description.
Applications should be sent by email with Covering letter and C.V to Nick Legg, Head of Operations
Tel: 01803 883355